CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Migraines

For those of you who have never had a migraine....be grateful. I don't get migraines frequently, I typically get 3-4 a year, so I consider myself lucky, however....I did get one yesterday and it didn't feel lucky. Thursday's Kyle and Sadie have guitar in Orem, I had a small headache all day, but it was just annoying and could be ignored for the most part. While at the guitar lesson, my small annoying headache became a full blown migraine. I knew I was going to have a hard time driving home, so I informed Kyle that after we got to Lehi he was going to be driving the rest of the way home (never did I think I would be so grateful for Kyle having a learners permit). He was nervous driving from Lehi all the way home, but he did a great job. And for the most part, I was able to relax and occasionally close my eyes while he was driving (I closed my eyes because of the migraine, not because of his driving...I figured I better clarify). Once we got home I raced inside and threw up (that's what I do when I get migraines...I throw up), and I didn't stop throwing up for the rest of the night. I finally was able to sleep and about 2:30am, I was feeling better.

My point in telling this story is...I am so grateful that I feel better!! Since November (when I found out about my cancer coming back), I haven't been feeling all that great. I like to consider myself a strong person, and I like to think that I can handle more then most, but it wasn't until this morning with the cancer (knock on wood) and migraine behind me that I realize what a blessing it is to have opposition in my life. I would not be grateful for health if I didn't have to deal with sickness. I wouldn't be grateful for good times if I didn't experience bad times...you get the idea. Life is a blessing, and our struggles are also, if it wasn't for the struggles I know that I would take too much for granted.

2 comments:

Brady + Marsha said...

Thanks Paula for being the best big sister ever. You are such an example to me. I complained so much during my pregnancy. Becky jokes that I had "the worst pregnancy ever". Since having Molly I am so much more grateful for my health. I don't know why I was the lucky girl in the family to not ever get migraines or cold sores.

Lora and Josh said...

Thanks for saving my life the other day. I guess another reason we have the privilege to suffer is so that we can have compassion on others that have problems too. Thanks Paula