CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Garfield County Project


Mikayla recently had her "county fair" at school. The county she was assigned to learn and report about was Garfield County. She did a great job. She received this assignment in February and she immediately wanted to start, however, I kept telling her that she had until April so there wasn't a rush, finally I realized if she wants to start her project I need to let her start her project (I guess now I understand why my oldest is a major procrastinator...whoops, my bad). She did the entire project herself. And I have proof that this was all her, I have to quote you a part of her 2 page report, she had to right interesting facts about Garfield County...

Did you know that there is also an Escalante Petrified Forrest? There’s also a trail called Burr trail because the trail is really cold and it makes people say burr. Just Kidding!


I debated with myself for a few minutes if I needed to have her change that information, but then decided that sentence right there is what makes this project her own. She was so proud, and I was proud of all the hard work she put into this report. And surprise she was done 2 weeks early!! I love having a self motivated child!!

5 comments:

Rheanna said...

That's quite amazing! Support that desire to be a self-starter, otherwise, she'll end up like the rest of us...HORRIBLE procrastinators!

Olivia said...

that's so cute! It's great that she's not a procrastinator! Hopefully she can keep it going.

Melissa said...

Way to go Mikayla! You did a great job.

ashlee nichole said...

WOOOOO Mikayla, great job! We should get together during summer.....

jen hulet said...

Paula,
That's great that Mikayla is a self-starter,Ashlee is like that too,but my boys take after me,and well, wait til their reports are DUE!!