I am done with book fairs!! This has inspired me to write a haiku about book fairs.
The book fair is through
Melissa and Paula rock
fun times busy times
I know you are all going to be very impressed with my haiku, but I figured it was time to show everyone my haiku talent.
While on the subject of book fair, I have to share one of my most memorable experiences with our last book fair. We had a girl bring up a book that some kids had colored in, while I was flipping through the pages I noticed that whoever had vandalized the book did so by writing their names on the pages (this is the brilliance of youth). One of the women that was with me at the book fair is also a substitute at the school and recognized the names of the girls...not only did she recognize the names, but these so called vandals were still at said book fair. I proceeded to call them over and ask them if they were the girls who wrote in the book. They were honest and said that they had noticed that someone had already colored in the book and so they decided to leave their mark also. I told them that I appreciated their honesty but since they were the ones who wrote their NAMES in the book they were going to be held responsible. I then decided I would help these girls with future vandalizing crimes by giving them some sound advice...."what are you thinking writing your names in the book? That only makes it easier to find you!" (Yes, I actually gave them advice on how to commit future vandalizing crimes without getting caught, but if you know me, I just couldn't help it). In fact I gave Kylee this same lesson when she decided to scratch her name on my car with a rock. If nothing else, my kids will be smart criminals.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Goodbye to Book fairs
Posted by Paula at 8:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love your parenting style!
I love it! Maybe you should have told them to write someone else's name, then they'd never get caught! I love your haiku, your talent is astounding! Also, I"M SO GLAD BOOK FAIR IS OVER!---that means you haven't fallen off the face of the earth forever :o)
Great advice...I'm sure you have saved them from future punishment:)! I also loved the haiku...I don't think I have written one of those since 5th grade!
The second line of your haiku is my favorite. I have to admit we did have a great time. We'll have lots of good memories to look back on, and definitely a lot of things that I can laugh out loud at by just thinking about them (i.e., your criminal training course, Aprill's key bowling). It was a lot of fun. It will be weird to go and shop and the book fair next year and then just walk out. I loved doing the book fairs with you. Dang we were good at it.
Hey Paula, found your blog through Rheanna's, love your stories, your the best. The advice you gave sounds just like you, you crack me up. Thanks for the laugh.
Michelle
Post a Comment