Yesterday was my Dad's Birthday, he is 55 years old!! I actually forgot how old my dad was, if I had remembered that he was turning 55, I probably would have gotten him one of those clocks that goes backwards. I thought as a tribute to my dad on his 55th birthday (yes, I'm trying to say 55 as many times as I can), I thought I would list (with the help of my sisters) some of my dad's famous sayings.
Famous Sayings from Paul Smith
There are many more things my dad use to say, but I figured I shouldn't embarrass him to much, plus Adam wasn't able to be at the party so I didn't get any of his favorites. I just wanted my dad to know that we all love him. I will always remember the times that he would play catch and throw frisbees, I remember going to his softball games as a kid, and I remember watching movies with my dad and how he would always fall asleep before the movie was over. I remember my dad teaching us how to drive a stick, what a nightmare that was for him...and ME, actually, it was a nightmare for all of us. I always loved his guitar, and how we would harass him every night to sing Puff the Magic Dragon before we would go to sleep. I love how my dad can make any meal gourmet, he is an incredible cook, in fact, Kylee once was talking about everyone in our family that cooks, and she said "Mom cooks, Grandma Olsen cooks, Grandpa Smith cooks...can Grandma Smith cook?". And like a lot of Dad's, I knew that if my dad was going to the store I wanted to go with him...unlike my mom, I could get any treat from my dad.1. If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
2. If you think you can or can't you're right.
3. Only boring people get bored.
4. If I have to pull this car over, I'll give you something to cry about. (a cliche, but every father has to say this one...I think it's required)
5. What were you thinkin?? (I left of the "g" off on purpose, he only pronounced the "g" if you were really in trouble)
6. I'm a slave in my own house. (He would say this one when he was asked by one of us kids to go upstairs and get us a drink, or anything he would have to walk upstairs to get)
2. If you think you can or can't you're right.
3. Only boring people get bored.
4. If I have to pull this car over, I'll give you something to cry about. (a cliche, but every father has to say this one...I think it's required)
5. What were you thinkin?? (I left of the "g" off on purpose, he only pronounced the "g" if you were really in trouble)
6. I'm a slave in my own house. (He would say this one when he was asked by one of us kids to go upstairs and get us a drink, or anything he would have to walk upstairs to get)
Love you dad, Happy 55th Birthday
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Bro! We love you!!
I was looking at this post during lunch and one of my friends asked who your dad was. She thought he was cute...not bad for a 55 year old man. Hope the birthday was a good one Paul. Love...Becky
I love Paul! You are lucky to have him as a father. He was an awesome brother to me....hope he comes for another visit soon! HAPPY 55TH BIRTHDAY PAUL.....YOU LOOK GREAT!
Happy Birthday Paul!!! ditto to everything Jenny, Becky and Kris said! I love you too!
Post a Comment