My thoughts in a post.
Sadie left her watch somewhere in the office this week, and the watch was set to beep at 9am, so every morning at 9 I would try to find the watch while it beeped...whenever I got close enough where I could almost pinpoint it's location, the watch would stop beeping...very annoying.
Kyle wanted to make macaroni and cheese about 9pm last night, for his bedtime snack, and when I came in the kitchen to check on his progress, I saw him with the pot on the stove stirring the macaroni, water, milk, butter and the cheese together. I asked him if he ever remembers eating macaroni and cheese with that much water in it. He told me he read the directions, he just missed the part where it said DRAIN. So I helped him Drain the macaroni and then re-add the butter cheese and milk. I guess I know where I failed him as a mother. Note to self-teach Kyle how to cook, don't just assume he knows how to make macaroni and cheese.
I went to a spinning class last night, and I'm really hoping that one of these times, my butt will get use to the bike seat. I swear I use to ride bikes as a kid all the time, when did I become such a wimp?!? Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question.
Samantha loves playing games, I think this week alone, I've played UNO, Old Maid, Go Fish and Sorry over a dozen times. Samantha cheats when she plays games, hopefully all kids cheat at that age, of course I still cheat sometimes so I guess I know where she got it.
On Friday's I help in Mikayla's class for a couple hours, and there is this girl in her class that I just don't get along with. How immature is that, I can't get along with a 10 year old! I have learned that I just need to stay away from her because I swear she just does things to bug me...she doesn't like me either, I don't blame her, we just don't click. On Mikayla's report card, her teacher had written a note that "Mikayla has a hard time getting along with difficult kids in the class". Hmm, I wonder where she learned that. Note to self - be more tolerant so my children learn tolerance.
My super nice blender broke today, it was actually just spinning the ice around instead of actually crushing it. You know when you are looking forward to eating a smoothie and your blender breaks so you have to eat oatmeal instead? I hate when that happens.
I have Evening of Excellence for YW's this Tuesday, and of course, I need to talk, I have no idea what I want to say...actually the problem is I have so many things that I want to say and I can't narrow it down to 5-10 minutes. I wish I always new what needed to be said and then could say it! Maybe some day...but not today.
Bret and I are going out tonight with some friends. I love that our kids are old enough that we can leave them home to take care of each other. I use the words "take care" lightly here. Tonight we will get several phone calls about who's bothering who and can I eat this and drink this, and will you tell Kylee she needs to listen, blah blah blah blah. Maybe in a few more years we will be able to have uninterrupted time. That will be nice.
I've lost 20 pounds, which makes me happy, so I was putting on a pair of jeans that I just bought in a smaller size, and about 5 hours later when I was taking them off...the button pops off!?!? Not a confidence booster. Don't worry, I discovered that the button was defective and after Bret fixed it (that was his only job last night) the pants fit great!!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Just Thoughts
Posted by Paula at 8:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm totally embarrassed for you that Kyle doesn't know how to make mac-n-cheese :o). I'm so proud of you for losing 20 lb and getting new jeans-two very exciting things! It's been a while since i've seen you-we've got to get together!
mac & cheese is hard! Give yourself a break. I love it when you actually blog!
You know, I have a picture of my Simon who is three who decided to make mac and cheese that same way. I thought it was pretty funny. I just hope that he learns different by the time he is 16. I guess that is something I will have to work on. It apparently doesn't just make sense to boys that you should drain the water first.
Paula you are great. I love your wittyness. I am not really sure that is a word but you know what I mean. And 20 pounds that is awesome!:)
At least Kyle will make his own Mac n cheese..I hope Bret had a nice Birthday, boy he's really getting up there:)& I LOVED having Sadie and Mikayla here on my Birthday....Ashlee was in Heaven.
I love this post!! That's awesome that you dropped 20 lbs. I bet that feels so great! I still have my last 20...I really need to get on that!
P.S. I totally feel your pain with the whole spinning class thing! Ouch!!
THIS IS FROM KYLE
So i can't make mac n' cheese so what
Thanks mom for showing me how to make
it i love you
You make me laugh!!! This whole post is so funny and I think most of us can relate in more than one of these areas:). I really miss all of you! Have a great holiday!
Deep thoughts Paula, DEEP thoughts.
:)
I'm stalking you through Rebecca Wisor's blog....who stalked me through chelsea or candice's....I love the internet. It turns seemingly harmless mom's into STALKERS!
Post a Comment