CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Januray 22nd, Happy Birthday Kylee

I've been trying to post about Kylee's birthday since the 22nd, but blogger has been a pain, so here's to my 4th try.

8 years ago today (or at least it would have been 4 tries ago) Kylee was born. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Sadly I don't have any pictures of my pregnancy with Kylee, actually there is one picture floating around of me and my cousin Heather...we were both pregnant at the same time, but no one seems to know where it went, so if it actually turns up, I'll make sure and posit it.
Kylee was my best pregnancy, something that i really needed since I was pregnant with Kylee so soon after my surgery and radiation. I don't have any fun "ditch" stories during my pregnancy with Kylee, so the story of the day she was born will have to do. Don't worry, I'll keep it short. The morning of January 22nd, I realized that I hadn't felt Kylee move all day. I went up to my moms with the kids and she made me drink some orange juice and rest to see if i could feel her. After about 20 minutes I still hadn't felt Kylee move, so my mom had me go to the hospital. After my non-stress test, they decided that Kylee needed to be delivered that day. They were able to get a heartbeat, but it wasn't as strong as they had wanted, so I was sent to labor and delivery and I was given my first ever dose of Pitosen. Thankfully it wasn't too terrible, but I decided that I would have an epidural as soon as I could. Once I was given the epidural, I didn't feel right, I was immediately tired and dizzy....turns out my blood pressure had seriously dropped as a result of the epidural. Thankfully this was quickly caught and Kylee was born healthy with no complications.

She was 7 lbs. 5 oz. and she was perfect...of course.

Kylee was also a perfect baby. In fact, one day I had just finished changing Kylee's diaper and then I got busy helping Kyle Sadie and Mikayla....about an hour later I realized that I hadn't checked on Kylee. Went I went to check on her she was as happy as could be just laying on the floor entertaining herself.
I often wonder what happened to those quiet days with Kylee. Now, no matter where she is in the house she makes her location known to everyone.

I am so grateful for Kylee. We are all entertained daily by her personality and of course her contagious laugh. She is so active and willing to try everything. She is even going to be playing baseball this year and she can't wait. She wants to practice every chance she can...if only the snow would melt. I am so glad that Kylee is a part of our family, she has grown into a beautiful, fun and caring little girl and I can't wait to see what adventures the next 8 years will bring.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Kylee! I can't believe she is already 8! Eight is such a great age though being able to be baptised and also old enough for achievement days... yeah!!! I think Jenny was the one who scanned the original picture of you and Heather. I wish I would have copied it before that blog got deleted. Oh, well...

Brady + Marsha said...

Are you sure you want someone to find that picture of you and Heather? Kylee was the best baby ever. Happy Birthday Kylee!

Brenda said...

Sorry it's late but Happy Birthday Kylee. We love you!!!!!