CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Year Without a Santa Clause

Every year I take the kids and we get pictures taken with Santa Claus.

As you can probably tell in this picture, this tradition was more for my enjoyment then for my kids. I love this picture, the woman taking it kept trying to get Mikayla to smile, it wasn't going to happen. And sadie's little eyes have some fear behind them. But I still laugh when I see these pictures, and trust me so do my kids. They love the pictures where they are crying.




Sadly, this was the last year that Kyle was willing to sit with Santa. I know he would have the next year if I had made him, but I didn't force the issue.

This last year was new. We went down to Southtowne Mall with My sisters and their kids. The wait was ridiculous (over 2 hours) so we decided to go and eat lunch. After lunch the wait was even longer, so we decided to go down to the VF Outlet and get pictures taken with their Santa Clause. When we got to the VF Outlet, we discovered that they had Santa's Throne, but they didn't have the Santa, at least not today. So we decided that this would be the year without a Santa Clause.

As you can tell from this picture, the kids weren't heart broken. However, when Kylee found out that these pictures were going to count as the pictures with santa, she was upset. Oh well, hopefully she will look back at these pictures and be able to laugh about our year without a santa.

0 comments: