CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Lame Box

I'm sure you can tell, from the title of this post, how I felt about this movie. But I need to start from the beginning... Last night Melissa and Dave, and Bret and I went to dinner and had already purchased tickets to "The Box". James and Lisa also came to dinner with us, but they didn't want to see a movie that would be scary, so we split up after dinner. Dinner last night was also ridiculous, we had the slowest waitress in the history of slow waitresses (this will be important to my story). We had to wait forever for her to bring us the check, and again we had to wait forever for her to come and pick up our payment (sadly I never carry cash). We left the restaurant with only 5 minutes to get to the theater, thankfully we were eating only 10 minutes from the theater, so we were only going to be missing previews.

We got into the theater, after a quick bathroom stop, just as the movie was starting. I had bought the tickets on-line, so I couldn't remember what row we were on, but I like to always sit in the middle left side of the theater so I knew we were pretty high up on the left. When we got close, I had to open my phone, for light, and check our tickets. Our seats were located on O27-O24, when I looked to that row....there were people sitting in our seats! I asked the guy if he was in O27 and he said "I don't know". (Seriously, what a moron, of course he knew, him and his family were sitting in OUR seats). I really wanted to argue, but the movie had started, so we found some seats on the very far left of the theater and proceeded to watch the movie. Occasionally I would look over at the seat thieves and give them bad looks. It really annoyed me for about 20 minutes into the movie, but soon, the movie annoyed me more.

The only thing I'll say about this movie...it could have been so great, but it took a turn and became some supernatural/scifi kind of movie, and that's just not what I wanted. It was lame, and more annoying then the red neck moron sitting in our seats. Lucky for him.

2 comments:

Rheanna said...

No really...tell us how you really feel :o) Glad I don't have to waste my time seeing it...

Melissa said...

I personally thought we showed some amazing restraint by not hauling that cocky little guy out of our seats. And the waitress and that movie SERIOUSLY struggled. Better luck next time. At least we had fun anyway. James and Lisa picked up our coupons for free whatever for us though ... maybe we won something good.