CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Cookies

During Christmas break, we usually build an amazing snowman...but so far this year there's no snow. We always go sledding at this fantastic park in Sandy right by my Mom's house, but so far this year, there's no snow. So in an attempt to try to make it feel like Christmas, we decorated sugar cookies.

I have to tell you, I love decorating the first 5 cookies, they are perfect, they are unusually good for someone like me. However, after those 5 perfect cookies, I couldn't care less. My girls have gotten bored after about 10 cookies and they either fade out and stop decorating, or they become insane decorators, and you can't find the cookie they've just decorated because it is buried under 2 inches of frosting and sprinkles! So I usually admit defeat, and decorate half of the cookies with green frosting and red sprinkles and the other half with red frosting and green sprinkles. This year, about a dozen cookies ended up being put in a ziplock bag and placed nicely in the freezer. This bag will probably be found again in June with ice crystals (or "protective ice", depending on how you like to look at freezer burn).

Anyway, I've let out too many dark secrets. So just enjoy the pictures of my girls. They had fun decorating. Hopefully next Christmas we'll have some snow.






1 comments:

Lora and Josh said...

we enjoyed your cookies, and they were very lovely!