CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kyles Eagle Project

Finally Kyle became inspired to take on an Eagle Project. I think the actual project has changed 4 or 5 times, so when Kyle actually started this project, I was thrilled. For Kyles Eagle project, he took the cub scouts pinewood derby track and sanded it, stained it, sealed it, and collected money to buy a timer (which means no more angry parents, hopefully).

Our Young Men are really incredible, Kyle had 8 of them show up to help him sand and put on the first coat of stain. They worked together really well and got the beginning part of this project done in just a couple hours. The boys were rewarded with 5 pizzas, 4 2 liters of soda and numerous sugar cookies. I love that you can pay boys with food.



I don't have a finished picture yet, but I'll post it when I do. The track is still sitting in my dining room, so my dining room has been moved into my front room. I told Kyle he's lucky I love him that much. It's not every day I'd put up with losing 2 rooms in my house for almost a week. With all the help from these boys, we were able to finish off the project on Monday night, all that we have left is to order the timer. Thanks to everyone that has already donated, and all those that have volunteered their time to help Kyle with his project.

0 comments: