CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sadies 5k

I know it's been forever since I've blogged, I've been busy and blogging was the last thing on my mind. Let me start off by filling you in on Sadies 7th grade year...Sadie is a fantastic student, she works on homework for several hours every night and weekend. She has had a 4.0 every quarter this year, and she jumps at any extra credit opportunity...hence the 5k.

The school encourages the kids to run the 5k because it is a fundraiser. They encourage them with promises of extra credit, and in P.E. if they run the 5k the students don't have to take the final test. Remember those terrible tests about soccer, volleyball, basketball, baseball, etc...Sadie decided she would rather run a 5k than take that test, plus "what if she has a class where her grade drops to a 95%?" *GASP* Seriously, who is this child???

So the morning of the 5k Sadie and I woke up very early, I had a Stake YW Presidency training for all the wards, so I was ridiculously overdressed to be at an early morning race. Sadie was nervous because she has only had to run the mile for Aerobics and P.E. Her best mile was 7.47 minutes. We were guessing she would be done with the race in around 40 minutes. Bret came down to the school after the kids took off and we ran a few quick errands. I was nervous because I didn't want to miss Sadie crossing the finish line. We got back to the school about 30 minutes later, and 2 minutes after that...Sadie came across the finish line.

Bret was so surprised. Her first 5k and she finished in 32 minutes. While Bret was hugging Sadie he actually got emotional (not unusual for Bret) and I got this totally cute picture.

Sadie had a lot of friends from the ward who actually ran the race too. They all did a great job. And for those of you that are wondering, to Sadies horror...she actually got a 95%, it was still an "A", but she's talking to the teacher about it anyway. No way could she have gotten a 95% in P.E.!!! Seriously, who is this child??

0 comments: