Kyle got a call Sunday night from the Drivers Ed teacher signing him up for the "road" portion of Drivers Ed, finally Kyle has made an effort to get his drivers license. I was very excited that he would be able to pass off road and therefore be able to get his drivers license, until I found out that in order to drive with the teacher he would need to arrive at the school by 5:30 a.m. so this week on Monday and Wednesday I was awake by 4:45 in order to heat up the car to a temperature that wouldn't cause me to shiver uncontrollably, and took Kyle to school. Then Friday, his Test Day, he had to be at the school at 5:15....seriously??? Thankfully he passed his test and once he receives his certificate he will be a licensed driver....now I'm not so sure "thankful" is the correct word.
We got out all of our Christmas decorations on Monday night, and I've decided I really don't enjoy decorating for any season. Don't get me wrong, I love putting up the decorations, but after a while, the house just feels so cluttered, of course my tree might be the problem, I have a monster tree that takes far to long to put together. My goal this year is to find a fantastic deal on a pre-lit 3 piece tree. This year was especially difficult because Bret wasn't able to get into the attic to get down all the stuff, so that was left to me...who says men aren't necessary in the home??? I can't wait until my husband is back to full mobility, this whole "cripple" thing is getting old fast. Don't get me wrong, I'm being very nice, so nice in fact that I don't really feel like myself.
I have spent over $700 at the dentist this month. Do you think my kids will be upset if I tell them that their fillings are their Christmas gift from us? And of course my one child who has insurance didn't have any cavities, why is that always the way it works?
Sadie has been getting a lot of phone calls from a boy!! I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this, she is only 12. Every time he calls, she gets this little smile, and the other day when they were getting off the phone, I overheard her say "you need to hang up first, no you hang up first". Are you kidding me???
Tuesday for Young Womens we dipped chocolates. I have a fantastic friend, Jeanette, who gave me her recipe for her peanut butter and her coconut chocolates. The girls had a great time, and the activity was very easy, what a relief, I needed a break after Evening of Excellence.
Samantha has decided that Clue is now her favorite game. Do you have any idea what it is like to play a game of clue with someone who can't read, and doesn't really understand the concept. Thankfully I have to help her mark off all her cards, so I know immediately who did it, where, and with what weapon....I don't consider it cheating, I just keep playing until she gets bored and then I miraculously win the game. Trust me, I'm a saint for playing Clue with a 5 year old.
Kylee stayed home today because her foot hurt. Her foot.....I blame Bret.
I went to my spinning class last night after taking a week off because of Thanksgiving, and it really kicked my butt. At the end of the class the instructor did a weight lifting section, and my friend Melissa is way stronger then me. Just thought I'd share, I was using 5 lb weights, and she wasn't even breaking a sweat with 12 lb weights. What's that about? I really am a wimp. At least I have more balance then my friend Heather, she was making everyone laugh trying to balance on the exercise ball, good times. When I got home from my class, Bret told me that my YW's secretary called to remind me of our 55 minute meeting with the Stake...whoops, I missed that one. Some days I feel like I have everything all together, and other days...not so much.
Some days I really don't like to make dinner, it doesn't help that Samantha won't eat anything right now that is colorful. And every time I'm making dinner Kylee takes a look and says "yuck, what is that?" Like this child has never seen chicken? Kids sure can be swell.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Week in Review
Posted by Paula at 2:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't worry Paula - I can only run for like 10 minutes before I need CPR, so you totally kick my butt there. So I guess I could probably beat you up, but I'd have to catch you first ...
Hey Paula, good to find you and your cute family. And I always make up my own rules when playing Clue with my almost 5 year old.
Paula, That sounds like Sadie has a 100% boyfriend to me. Good luck. If the boy is anything like me your in trouble. My advice just remember "once you feed them they never leave"
- Josh
Post a Comment