CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's Time

This is going to be a very hard post for me, but as you all know since November I've been tired...to say the least. Not only have I been tired for 6 months but I have also been gaining weight. My friend Rheanna always posts her goals on her blog so that she will be accountable to herself and others, and I have decided to do that also. I guess the reason this is hard for me, is that I don't want to be accountable for what I eat, I like food, or how much I exercise, but I'm not feeling good about myself and I'm too tired all the time, so I know it's time to do something.

I am going to write down my weight loss goals and hopefully now that it's out there, I will be inspired to do them. After all I could use the support. (Bret is a great support, but sometimes I want to eat ice cream with my husband late at night when the kids are in bed). These are my goals:

1-exercise 5 times a week for 45 minutes
2-eat 5 fruits/vegetables each day
3-drink at least 8 glasses of water
4-only weigh myself once a week (bad habit of mine to weigh myself all the time...like walking up the stairs would miraculously shed 2 pounds)
5-take my thyroid medicine every day (I'm horrible at taking my meds, so I have to include that in my goals)

Now my weight loss goal is out there for all the world to see, I want to lose 25 pounds. Ouch, that hurt to say out loud. To clarify, my losing 25 pounds is a very reasonable amount of weight...it's not going to make me look like a stick figure, which is the last thing I want. I am a woman after all. I'll will try and keep everyone posted each week on my success and maybe some weeks on my failures:)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go in setting goals! Good luck with all of it.

Rheanna said...

You'll do great! Don't worry, I'm here for you in the wonderful world of weight loss! Sorry you finally had to cave in...I do miss eating what I want all the time. Important pantry item: caffeine free diet pepsi-heaven in a can!

Anonymous said...

Paula, I am so on your team!!! I just started back up at good old weight watchers!!! I have to loose 50lbs (yikes) and that amount won't take me down to a stick figure either. Hopefully that makes you feel a little better:). You can do it!

Kathy said...

You go girl! Today has been my first good diet day in a long time. Weight watchers was pretty inspiring this week..... I know you can do it and so can I!

Unknown said...

Yay Weight Watchers!!! Okay, that was dorky, but it worked for me. Just trying to jumpstart that momentum I had...4 years ago :)

Brady + Marsha said...

Way to go Paula! I guess I better get back in shape!

kris said...

Good for you Paula! Today is the first successful diet day I have had in four years. I have gained about 40 pounds in the last 3 years. I can't even blame the weight on having a baby!!!!!!!!!! Wednesday, I will go to weight watchers and weigh in. Wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

So why did I not know that you had a blog?
Nice! Now I have to go back and read everything that you have posted.
Glad that I found it though, hope you don't mind!!